Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- On Hiatus
- New Cover! Shadow Scale (Seraphina #2) by Rachel Hartman
- Review: Andromeda’ Fall (The Prequel Legion Series #1) by William C. Dietz
- Better Late than Never: BEA/BookCon 2014 Recap
- Review: Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas
- Legend of Korra: Book 3 Trailer is EPIC
- Doctor Who returns this August
- RIP Maya Angelou
- New covers! Shifting Shadows, The Winter Long, and Heir of Fire
- Review: The Thousand Dollar Tan Line (Veronica Mars #1) by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham
- Review: World After (Penryn & The End of Days #2) by Susan Ee
- Review: Written in Red (The Others #1) by Anne Bishop
- Review: The Informationist (Vanessa Michael Munroe #1) by Taylor Stevens
- First trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy
- New Cover! The Perilous Sea by Sherry Thomas
Category Archives: Life
The blog is going on hiatus until further notice. Nothing’s wrong; I’m just taking a break. I’ll still be updating LibraryThing and Goodreads, so you can follow my reviews there if you wish. Goodbye for now. Advertisements
Today is when we remember all the things we’re thankful for. I am thankful for my health, my family, and – of course – books. Happy Thanksgiving!
I only attended one panel at the Brooklyn Book Festival this year, but it was fantastic! The panelists were Felix Gilman, N.K. Jemisin, and Naomi Novik, and the talk was moderated by Lev Grossman. The authors read short excerpts from their most recent … Continue reading
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season! Here’s a little reminder to watch the Doctor Who Christmas Special The Snowmen tonight at 9 PM Eastern on BBC America.
Today I am thankful for family, friends, freedom, a roof over my head, money to go to school, good health, and, of course, good books. What are you thankful for? I don’t know about you, but sometimes I forget all … Continue reading
Happy Halloween from Lesley’s Reading Heaven. 🙂
Yesterday I attended New York Comic Con! For a more comprehensive review of Friday’s events, including the authors who were there, check out the recaps posted by The Qwillery and The Ranting Dragon. Here are some of my highlights: … Continue reading
I recently visited the Pierpont Morgan Library and Museum and was blown away by the art, the rare books and manuscripts,* and the architecture of the library itself. Here are a few pictures. The library is three stories with a hidden … Continue reading
This was the first year that I attended the Brooklyn Book Festival, and it was so. much. fun. There were tons of vendors and so many signings and panels that there was no way I could go to all the … Continue reading
Have a fun, relaxing holiday, everyone. In celebration of back-to-school, the end of summer, and (of course) books, here’s a Grant Snider comic to brighten your day.