Here’s my running list of books I’m looking forward to in 2014 in order of publication date.
1. January 7th: Fury of the Demon (Kara Gillian #6) by Diana Rowland
I need to catch up on this series! Doesn’t the cover look amazing?
2. March 11th: Night Broken (Mercy Thompson #8) by Patricia Briggs
I love the Mercy Thompson series so hard. Eight books and still going strong!
3. March 13: The Assassin’s Blade (Throne of Glass Prequels) by Sarah J. Maas
This compilation contains all four Throne of Glass prequel novellas. Even though I’ve already read these short stories in ebook format, perhaps this edition will have some bonus content… maybe? In any case, the cover totally rocks my socks off.
4. May 27th: Skin Game (The Dresden Files #15) by Jim Butcher.
Words cannot describe how excited I am for this book. To me, Dresden is the king of urban fantasy.
5. July 8th: Midnight Thief (Midnight Thief #1) by Livia Blackburne
Every so often, the blurb for a debut novel will catch my eye and make me say, “I have to read this.” That was my reaction when I came across Livia Blackburne’s Midnight Thief.
6. July 12th: Grave Visions (Alex Craft #4) by Kalayna Price
The release date for this book has been pushed back several times, but I’m still really looking forward to it. I hope this installment is worth waiting for.
7. July 29th: Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels #7) by Ilona Andrews
This is another of my favorite urban fantasy series. Can’t wait for book seven.
8. September: The Winter Long (October Daye #8) by Seanan McGuire
No cover yet, but Chris McGrath always does an amazing job with these. I’ll be keeping my eye out.
9. September: The Perilous Sea (The Elementals Trilogy #2) by Sherry Thomas
I enjoyed the first book, so I’ll be interested to read more of this intriguing, new series.
10. October: Shifting Shadows (Mercy Thompson series) by Patricia Briggs
A compilation of short stories set in the Mercyverse. I’ve probably read some of them, but perhaps there will be new content as well.
11. 2014: Untitled (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J. Maas
I’m partway through the second book, and I already know it’s going to leave me dying to read book three.
12. 2014: Untitled (Widdershins Adventures #4) by Ari Marmell
I just got my hands on book three but haven’t started it yet. It’s a testament to how much I’ve enjoyed this series that book four is already on my list.
What books are you looking forward to in 2014?